Here are a range of links related to settlement of your property and general requirements.

Home Buyers Assistance Account

First Home Owner Grant and Duty Concession

Department of onsumer and Employment Protection

Provides advice and information about buying or building

Department of Land Information

Produces a booklet called “A Guide To Strata Titles”. Telephone DLI Strata Titles Advisory Service on 9273 7044, email or via their website

Australian Institute of Conveyancers WA Division Inc

Visit their website for guides to buying, selling and fees

Foreign Investment Review Board

The Board examines proposals by foreign interests to undertake direct investment in Australia and, against the background of the Government’s foreign investment policy, makes recommendations to the Government under on these proposals.

Real Estate and Business Agents Supervisory Board

Telephone 9282 0836 for your free set of real estate notes including information about auctions.

Sydney Buyers Agent

Visit for a stress-free approach to property buying.

Dividing fences

Contact your local government authority for relevant local requirements or visit Department of Housing and Works website for a copy of “Dividing Fences – Rights and Responsibilities”.

Smoke Alarms

For information about the location of smoke alarms or smoke alarms for the Hearing Impaired contact FESA via their website

Curtain and blind cord safety

Call Consumer Protection and ask for their pamphlet “Curtain and Blind Cords” or visit their website on

Safety for Children

Call the Trading Standards Branch, Product Safety on 9282 4319 and ask for the “Safety For Kids” in the home series of brochures produced by Consumer Protection and Kidsafe or visit the website on

Pool safety

Call Swimming Pool and Spa Association of WA on 9361 1344 or visit their website on